Subject: Re: cyclade serial cards
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/1997 12:12:41
Jukka Marin wrote

> > Yes, I was able to dialup one of my ports but then couldn't log in -
> > using mgetty.
>
> Hmm.
>
> > Which card and address/interrupt are you using. The card is configure
> > for iomem 0x4000 and interrupt 15 since there are no other interrupts
> > left on my system.
>
> My PCI card does not use ISA interrupts ;)
>
> It might be that the interrupt from the cy isn't getting through to your
> CPU.  We had this problem with other serial cards on many pc's (and we
> still don't know why some motherboards just won't work).  Maybe you could
> remove some other card for a while and see if some other IRQ works?  Does
> your machine have PCI slots?  Have you configured IRQ15 for ISA bus in
> your BIOS?

Ok, found the problem....

It didn't like IRQ15. I have reconfigured it to use IRQ5 and it works
now. Also IRQ15 isn't used on my system it didn't want to know about
it :(

Sysinfo: NetBSD-1.2B, Octek Rhino 9, Cyrix 686-P120+, cyclom-8yo.

Here my configuration for the cyclades card:

cy0     at isa? iomem 0xda000 irq 5

thanks all for your help

cheerio Berndt
--