Subject: libm and i387-specific routines
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathaniel D. Daw <daw@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/1997 12:06:20
I just built the world from a weekold current sup and ran into problems in
libm. Although I uncommented the proper section of the Makefile (and,
btw, I vote that someone check than damn thing in with that comment taken
out, who doesn't have a 387 these days, and how many people suffer
reduced performance for not having known to change it?), libm built
entirely from the common c sources; the arch/i387/*.S stuff was never
touched. I tried updating /usr/share/mk/ and the make binary, to no avail.
Anyone know what's going on here? The Makefile appears to be in order, I'm
not sure I understand the make debug output but it looks like it finds the
.S files and still for some reason thinks the .o files depend on the .c
files. grrrrr.

 .ok soda may be the preferred drink of other people, such as yourself.