Subject: Re: cyclade devices
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/1997 12:37:19
On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> G'day,
>
> what are the device names and numbers for the cyclades card. I have
> compiled a kernel with cyclades support and the card is detected. Now
> I need some devices of course ;)
>
> Can anyone help out? Maybe a "ll /dev/<cyclades-devices>" will do ;)

Hmm, sys/arch/i386/i386/conf.c claims it's a character device with major
number 38. I guess that the device name should be cy? or cya? depending
on if more than one card is supported. But the device could be named
anything as long as the major and minor numbers are correct.

> cheerio Berndt
> --
> Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf
> E-Mail	: wulf@ping.net.au
> Sysinfo	: DEC AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.2

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)