Subject: Re: NetBSD-i386 and ext2fs
To: Carsten Hammer <chammer@hermes.hrz.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/1997 11:01:53
On Wed, 15 Jan 1997, Carsten Hammer wrote:

> Hi,
> is there ongoing work for ext2fs for NetBSD?

I don't really know. I'd kinda hope so, but I'm not sure.

> I have kind of problems when installing Staroffice3.1 on a
> Linux partition mounted. Reading stuff never made problems but
> writing sometimes corrupts the filesystem..
[snip]

Unfortunately I'm not a person who can really speak on this issue. I've
messed with a MacOS file system, but never with ext2fs. I think I
mentioned it once in reference to how FreeBSD has it in a /sys/gnu section
of their kernel source.

> Of course this is OpenBSD but perhaps someone can help me anyway.
> If NetBSD and OpenBSD differ in this point maybe we could change this..

I hope so. I'd like to see the three BSD's stay as close together as
possable. They won't match, of course. But I hope we have more in commnon
than in difference. :-)

Take care,

Bill