Subject: Re: terminal speed woes
To: None <dfraser@mother.com>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/1997 10:48:02
In <Pine.NEB.3.95.970114185446.6922A-100000@beorn.capybara.org>,
dfraser@mother.com says:

> I have a Wyse 99GT hooked up to tty00 (com0) on my BSD system, running at
> 19200bps.  The terminal has problems with 19200bps, so I tried
> unsuccessfully to drop the speed to 9600 a few weeks ago.
> Sounds like this may be a com driver problem.

Indeed.  In fact, from your description it looks exactly like the bug
I reported in PR #3001, "com ports don't work at 9600 baud".  You will
find a patch in the PR.

Now if only the core team would take PRs seriously...  This particular
bug was first reported by Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
in PR #2238 in March '96, but it's still not fixed in the tree.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@araneus.fi