Subject: Re: linux emulation problem
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/1996 23:48:55
>Linux is, and has been for quite some time, moving to ELF on the
>Alpha.  Indeed, development of ELF for NetBSD/Alpha has only been
>possible because Linux was doing it (because i leveraged all their
>work).

So I apologise, in advance, to anyone who feels inclined to flame. :).
(perhaps I was thinking of Linux/mips? I dunno.)

So, do the problems wtih Linux/i386 ELF  apply to the Alpha, too?

I guess there isn't an SVR4 port to the Alpha yet, so that's not an
issue, but is native NetBSD/Alpha ELF vs. Linux/Alpha ELF?