Subject: Re: linux emulation problem
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/1996 03:55:44
Stephen Ma writes:
> Perry> I have checked -- I did indeed compile my kernel with
> Perry> EXEC_ELF32 and COMPAT_LINUX, so it isn't that.
>
> Perry> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I've never tried linux emul, but apparently, many people forget to
> disable COMPAT_SVR4. Could that be it?

Yup. Removing that fixed it. I can now run Acrobat for Linux on my
machine, which means I can finally read the developers docs for my
brand new Pilot organizer.

The fact that COMPAT_SVR4 and Linux aren't compatible is not
documented anywhere. I only vaguely remembered it after you mentioned
it.

Could someone perhaps explain the problem? Is it simply that the ELFs
can't be distinguished?

Perry