Subject: Re: AHA-1542 CF
To: Olaf Schroeder <olaf@digirule.com>
From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart@austin.BrandonU.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/1996 17:43:57
On Wednesday, December 18, Olaf Schroeder wrote:

> I'm trying to install an Adaptec AHA-1542CF in a 486 that's
> already up an running NetBSD with an IDE hard drive.
> I installed the card and get the following message at boot.
> I've tried with two different SCSI drives and without any drive
> and get the same messages.
>
> bt0 at isa0 port 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq 5bt0:bt_cmd, cmd/data port empty 0

No, you don't have a dead card (at least not yet).  You do however have
a slight problem in that the Bustek driver (thats the bt0 line) thinks
it recognizes your card.  I believe the only way to fix that under
NetBSD is to recompile your kernel, take out the bt* driver, and put
in the aha* driver.

--Toby.
| Tobias Weingartner | Email: weingart@BrandonU.Ca | Need a Unix sys-admin?  |
| 1-1137 Lorne Ave.  |-----------------------------| Send E-Mail for resume, |
| Brandon, Canada    | Unix Guru, Admin, Sys-Prgmr | and other details...    |
|      %SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown         |