Subject: innd expire/NetBSD 1.1
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Nelson <David.Nelson@BellCow.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1996 14:30:10
	Is there anyone running inn-1.5b2 on NetBSD 1.1 who is getting
reasonable times for the expire portion of news.daily?  Everything else
about inn-1.5 is working great.

	On Saturday, expire took about 15 minutes to run on about a 80MB
history file.  On Sunday, expire took over 12 hours to run on a 100MB
history file!

	The system is a 586, 64MB, 2 Buslogic PCI SCSI busses.  The
news spool is striped across 4 2GB Barracuda drives. /, /usr, /var, etc
live on other disks than the news spool.  The active file is MMAPed
(with msync() on) while the DBZ code was compiled without MMAP.

	I know 1.2 is out, but I'm waiting for the patches to be released
before upgrading this machine.  If 1.2 will solve this problem though, I'll
upgrade it immediately.

	Thanks for any suggestions.

/dcn