Subject: Re: xmcd with ATAPI?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/1996 02:31:45
On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Is it possible to use xmcd (a Motif CD player software) with NetBSD 1.2 and
> ATAPI CD-ROM drives?
Yep.

> I built xmcd with lesstif 0.75 and it seems to work - but it can't talk to
> my ATAPI drive.  The simple cdplayer software I got from the ATAPI driver's
> author works fine (so the drive is OK).
>
> xmcd looks to nice.. I want to get it going.. :-)  Any ideas or experiences?

I build xmcd with Motif 2.0 and have had it working on NetBSD/arm32. This
basically uses the i386 wd driver with the standard ATAPI patches.
THe only thing I do remember was making sure the permissions were correct
and that the correct device was used. If I remember rightly only one of
the partitions works ok (i.e. 0a or 0d) (not able to check on my machine atm)
(pretty sure it was d) as there were restrictions on various ioctls on
the a partition (Could be wrong ;-))

Cheers,
				Mark

Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk
Research Associate			http://www.ph.kcl.ac.uk/~amb/
Department of Physics			tel: 0171 873 2894
King's College London			fax: 0171 873 2716