Subject: COMPAT_LINUX and EXEC_ELF32; what am I missing?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris A. Jones <cajones@ais.alumdev.oberlin.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/1996 21:01:43
Hi all--

I'm trying to get a kernel built that can run LINUX ELF executables.
I've currently got a kernel that has the COMPAT_LINUX, EXEC_ELF32, and
EXEC_AOUT options in its config file; this is NetBSD 1.2.  However,
when I try to run a linux binary, I get:

linuxbin: 16: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

or other messages which indicate to me that sh is trying to run the
program as a script.  These same binaries, when I sniff them with
file, show up as:

ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1

...So what am I missing?

TIA.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                                  Programmer Intern
cajones@ais.alumdev.oberlin.edu                          Development Resources

NetBSD (and general freeware) enthusiast, programmer, sysadmin, biochemist.