Subject: Re: Virtual Memory Subsystem
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
From: John Dyson <dyson@dyson.iquest.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/26/1996 11:24:17

> > 2) Allow the pageout daemon to block at the right times.  (If the
> >    paging device is overloaded, it doesn't help to start freeing
> >    useful pages.)  -- this is partially addressed by the tsleep mod.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tsleep mod actually results in more useful
> pages being freed instead of less, doesn't it?

I stand corrected...  It wasn't waking up often enough, and now is probably
doing so too often.  Sorry for my misinformation (I believe that the statement
that I made might have been true in Net/2.)  I hate it when I am wrong :-).

(I just checked my copy of the Lite/2 sources for the definitive answer.)

John