Subject: Re: Wicked bad MSDOS problems.
To: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1996 17:47:18
> >This one was fixed during the release process of 1.2.
>
> 	I have the problem on several different machines, all running
> *post* 1.2 (1.2B actually), around about Nov 5 or so.

So, as far as i know, that bug was not fixed during the release
process of 1.2...  at least i could duplicate it with a post-1.2
-current kernel, and there's the commit to msdosfs_vnops.c:

revision 1.55
date: 1996/11/08 15:51:49;  author: ws;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -1
Fix panic on mkdir.
Thanks to Dave Huang for finding the bug.

There were no similar checkins on the 1.2 branch (as one would expect,
because if there had been they should have been merged with the
trunk)...

cgd