Subject: Wicked bad MSDOS problems.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1996 11:44:42
Over the weekend, I attempted to use BSD to copy information from a cd to my
BSD disk, then over to an MSDOS partition.  (Installing Lose95 for work)

I came to two conclusions.  Doing 'mkdir' in an msdos filesystem will crash
the system.  (page fault something or other, easily reproduced if necessary)

If a partition is greater than 512M, it will not crash, but data written to
the partition will be corrupted.  (executables won't, etc) (tested with
400M, 450M vs 1001M partitions)

I welcome any thoughts or comments.  I was finally able to get the copies
done and the other system installed, but it took a lot of debugging.
--
Sean Berry is an ISTJ cellist who works in netbsd.   (must have more toys)
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret