Subject: Re: fdcresult: timeout.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/14/1996 02:35:00
Neil J. McRae writes:
>The install kernel boots fine then starts timing out and the machine
>eventually hangs. This starts just after the
>WARNING: no swap space found, i.e. when the root fs is now fd0a.

I see the same errors on a new Gigabyte 430HX board.  Fortunately, the
kernel doesn't hang but gets mostly soft errors reading the floppy.  I
was able to get enough of the installation binaries on the harddisk to
continue with the installation.

I have the problems with both 1.2 and with -current as of 2 weeks ago.

The supplier mumbled something about the "floppy mode 3" being a known
source for this type of problem.  Disabling that mode in the BIOS
setup didn't change anything, though.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.