Subject: Re: NetBSD vs. SoundBlaster 16PnP
To: None <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/04/1996 17:33:49
>From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
>Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 21:54:41 +0100 (MET)

>I've two questions about using NetBSD with a SoundBlaster 16 PnP:
>
>1.) I know that the SB 16 support is not finished. Will a SB 16 in
>    8Bit mode with the existing driver?

Yes, but from what I've read the quality is poor.

>2.) The damned card uses PnP and I didn't find a way to disable it.
>    Is there any way to make NetBSD recognize it's IRQ except
>    making a good guess and compiling it into the kernel? Or does
>    anybody know a way to hardwire the card to cerntain parameters?

NetBSD doesn't (yet) have any Plug 'n Pr^Hlay support, so there's no
way to make the system find the IRQ automatically.

PnP SB16s I've seen had no way to hardwire resource assignments.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>