Subject: Re: irq and drq for the 2nd floppy disk drive
To: None <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/28/1996 13:25:28
[switched to port-i386 to keep der Mouse happy. :-)]

>From: <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
>Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 13:51:56 +0800 (HKT)

>I want to use the second floppy disk drive and don't the irq and drq
for it.  Isthere anyone know to define the irw and drq in the config
file ? If so, pleas teach me.  Thanks.

It's not clear here whether you are talking about a second drive, or
a second controller.  If all you are doing is adding a second floppy
to an existing controller, all you need to do is add a line to your
kernel config like:

fd1 at fdc0 drive 1

On the other hand, if you have a secondary floppy controller you will
need to find out for yourself what IRQ and DRQ it uses.  That depends
on who made the board; most boards probably still use jumpers.  Once
you find the IRQ X and the DRQ Y, you need to add lines to your
kernel config that look like:

fdc1 at isa0 port 0x370 irq X drq Y
fd2 at fdc1 drive 0

That should be all.