Subject: Help with serial cable
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@masi.ibp.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/24/1996 19:55:39
Hello,
I know this is quite off-topic, but I didn't get any answer in the news,
so ...

I have a sparc IPC, to which I'd like to connect a modem, which has a DB9
(female) connector (which should be connected to a PC). So I looked at the
sun and pc hardware faq, and started to make an adaptor for the sparc's
mini-din.

I connected the following signals together :
DTR, CTS, TxD, RxD, GND, RTS, DCD.

I have have and RxC (receive clock) on the sparc side and an RI
(ring indicator) and DSR (data set ready) on the modem side. Does anybody know
what I should do with these 3 signals ? I simply ignored them, but this
doesn't work ...

Thanks for any help.
--
Manuel Bouyer, MASI, Universite Paris VI.
email: bouyer@masi.ibp.fr