Subject: c-kermit binaries for i386
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Spath \(Webmaster Jim\) <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/1996 13:17:05
I've compiled the latest beta of C-Kermit on my NetBSD-1.2/i386 system and
submitted the results to Columbia.  Since they restrict how Kermit is
distributed, we can point people there but not put Kermit binaries on
CD-ROM or otherwise redistribute it (see below).

Frank da Cruz said that the next C-Kermit release will be soon, so I'm
asking anyone who wants to test my builds to please FTP them from:

ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/test/bin/ckuker.netbsd.i386
ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/test/bin/ckuker.netbsdn.i386

The second binary uses ncurses.  The binaries were built
using:

ckuker.netbsd.i386  make netbsd       PC 486, NetBSD 1.2 + curses
ckuker.netbsdn.i386 make netbsdn      PC 486, NetBSD 1.2 + ncurses

Here is the README on the kermit.columbia.edu test dir:
-----
This directory presently contains individual binaries for test
versions of various Kermit programs, mainly MS-DOS Kermit and C-Kermit.

  THESE VERSIONS ARE ONLY FOR TESTING BY KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE,
  NOT FOR PRODUCTION USE, NOT FOR REDISTRIBUTION IN ANY MANNER.

See announcements in kermit/test/text/MAIL.TXT.

  THE KERMIT FILES MAY NOT BE REDISTRIBUTED ON CD-ROMS OR OTHER MEDIA
  WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE OFFICE OF KERMIT DEVELOPMENT AND
  DISTRIBUTION, COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY.  THEY SHOULD NOT BE COPIED TO
  OTHER FTP SITES FROM WHICH CD-ROMS ARE MADE.  THEY MAY NOT BE RESOLD,
  REMARKETED, BUNDLED, EMBEDDED, ADAPTED, GIVEN AWAY, OR OTHERWISE
  REDISTRIBUTED BY COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS, CLIENTS,
  OR PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.
  For further information, send email to kermit@columbia.edu.
----
Thanks, and have a pleasant tomorrow!