Subject: Re: audio applications
To: Mark Willey <willey@purdue.edu>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/1996 23:10:29
Mark Willey wrote

> Berndt Josef Wulf writes:
> >
> > G'day,
> >
> > Which audio application packages are known to work on NetBSD? I am
> > looking for a recorder and player.
>
> I'm also looking for such a list.  I have some apps listed on:
>
> http://purcell.ecn.purdue.edu/~willey/projects/sb16/apps.html
>
> Unfortunately, they do not have links, only text, most of them, but they
> can be used as a basis for searching on the WWW or archie.  If you can
> locate any, please send me URLs!
>
> Mark
>
> PS- Some of these may be very SB16-specific, and will not work w/ other
> cards.  Some are general and should "just work".

Here is one:

	http://www.fourmilab.ch/speakfree/unix/index.html

I've got it to compile after hacking the soundbyte.c and audio_descr.h
file but have problems in receiving live audio. I can send my record
out to an echo server and receive it into a file and then listen to it
using the sound device.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf