Subject: Re: Accelerated X not available for NetBSD anymore?
To: None <seichter@isc-inf.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1996 10:09:27
>On 16 Oct 96, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>> today I visited "http://www.xinside.com/" to get information about
>> AccelX because I'm thinking about purchasing it. But I couldn't find
>> any trace of a NetBSD version anymore. Does anybody know what
>> happened? Did they stop the developement of the NetBSD version?

>I made some inquiries about the NetBSD demo several weeks (make that
>some months) ago, and an Xinside staff member repeatedly told me that
>the NetBSD demo was planned but "not yet available, so sorry." He
>also told me that Xinside was not planning to drop their NetBSD
>development efforts. But nothing happened ever since.

Actually, an XInside person pops in and out of these lists every now
and then.  The primary problem they site is lack of demand/interest by
NetBSD folks.  It probably is not economically feasible for them to
bother if only five people are going to order a copy.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net