Subject: Re: Linux ELF --> NetBSD a.out?
To: None <rvb@IGW.TRUST.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/14/1996 17:49:29
Quoting rvb@IGW.TRUST.CS.CMU.EDU,

> 	1. Newer linux'es use /etc/nsswitch.conf for yp info.  You
> 	   must copy this file to your /emu/linux/etc to get dns
> 	   searches to work.

I'll add this to the compat_linux.8 page.

> 	2. If you are using NetBSD 1.2 with "domestic" encription, the
> 	   /etc/passwd file is not maintained.  Some linux programs
> 	   (e.g. emacs, xterm) will look for your personal entry in
> 	   /etc/termcap and freek if it can not be found.  So you must
                ^^^^^^^
> 	   manually insert your name in /etc/passwd.

I assume that you mean 'passwd' and not 'termcap' there.. And 'it is
not maintained' ? As far as I can see that would only happen if you
don't use vipw but directly add entries to master.passwd?

- Frank

P.S. If your binary is a freely available program, I'll have a look
     at it too, just tell me where I can find it.