Subject: Re: dsp device
To: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/1996 10:41:49
On Fri, 11 Oct 1996 08:23:08 -0700
 "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:

 > And you've seen my enthusiastic assent with this voiced here several
 > times; the pkg_install tools *suck* and I *know* what needs to be done
 > to make them better, it's just finding the time to do the work that's
 > the problem. :-(

If/when the FreeBSD package tools are re-written, hopefully there'll
be an effort to make the file formats conform to the SVR4 file format
(described in the SVR4 ABI standard, of all places).

I'm not sure if they do now... I've not used them a _whole_ lot, though
I am using them under NetBSD/sparc and NetBSD/alpha, mostly just to
play with... Haven't really looked that the file formats, tho... no
time :-)