Subject: Re: dsp device
To: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@image1.ansci.iastate.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/09/1996 16:59:05
Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@image1.ansci.iastate.edu> writes:

> Phil Knaack and I have been discussing a tree of NetBSD capable
> applications, customised to BSD make, such that when one acquired a new box
> or a new port or rebuilt a system, one could simply rebuild all their
> non system binaries (emacs, joe, ghostscript, various) with a single make
> depend and make.  I'm willing to donate the disk to the project, and will
> maintain this side of it, but I don't know that we've moved beyond the
> talking about it phase.

I have something worked up.  As I know both Phil and Sean, if you want
CVS access to the tree I'm working with, and really want to WORK on this,
I will give you accounts on my box.

If others want to discuss this, I can (1) make a mailing list, and
(2) possibly give out accounts to those I trust.

No matter what is done, it needs to support all the NetBSD arch's and
it would be nice to have it just work for FreeBSD as well, so a few
FreeBSD hackers would be nice...

--Michael