Subject: Re: Relative performance figures, FYI...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/1996 03:41:07
On Sun, 6 Oct 1996 22:34:16 GMT, michaelv@MindBender.serv.net ("Michael
L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com") wrote:

>FYI...  I finally got a working Pentium Pro motherboard and CPU.  I
>had been having some problems with a SuperMicro motherboard.  I don't
>know if it was the motherboard or CPU.  On Friday I received an Asus
>motherboard and 200MHz CPU to replace the faulty ones.  It worked
>perfectly.

Just for reference, we bought 3 SuperMicro P6SNF motherboards, and they
work just fine, so whatever the problem is, it isn't endemic to all
SuperMicro motherboards. (Actually, one of them stopped last week when I
jarred it a bit while replacing a bad drive - I think there is a cold
solder joint on one of the SIMM sockets, since it had done this once
before, and that time it started working again when I reseated the
SIMMs).