Subject: Re: 3c590 and NetBSD 1.2?
To: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/1996 18:40:07
In message <Pine.HPP.3.93l.961007090419.782B-100000@unix27.andrew.cmu.edu>  Andrew Y Ng wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Stefan Grefen wrote:
>
> > It's the board, (I'm just looking at driver with a workaround for
> > "3COM PCI errata #4 on 590/595", (BSDI))
> > The bug is that packets get corrupted when  they overrun he FIFO.
> > This is a PCI/10Mbit error only!!
>
> Any idea how do I fix that??  I have to reboot my server every time I want
> to use it. :(

Dicard the remaining  incoming packets packets when you determine the buffer
might have overrn.
        Something like:
	if I received >3/4 fifospace bytes this turn
	    discard anything until the ringbufer is empty.

I don't know why the corrupted packets freeze the system.

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center