Subject: Re: 3c590 and NetBSD 1.2?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/1996 19:17:52
On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> No, *not* everyone.  I have never, ever, ever seen anything like
> this,  with several 3c595s running on 100-TX.  I regularly hammer
> them with ttcp throughput tests.   These tests send an burst of
> 256 Mbytes of data from a sender to a receiver.    I think that counts
> as a large number of packets.

well, the 3c590 driver will definitely freeze.  I was just *guessing* that
all ep*, turned out that I was wrong.

> That's why I've been asking about media type and hardware revisions;
> to see if there's any correlation with, say, AUI.

I have a 10BaseT connection.
> 	* Is port-i386 really the right place for bugs with PCI boards?

hmmm... it's the driver that has problems, not the board, imho.

/ayn

--
Andrew Y Ng <ayn@CMU.EDU> http://Ngbert.res.cmu.edu/~ayn/
Carnegie Mellon University; ECE major, Music minor