Subject: Re: getting to msdos partitions on drive
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel J. O'Connor <doconnor@ist.flinders.edu.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/1996 22:24:02
> So I have a machine with a single 4 gig drive. The first 500 megs or
> so are a Win95/MS-DOS FAT partition -- the rest is NetBSD.

> I would like to be able to mount the MS-DOS stuff under NetBSD. The
> obvious thing to do seemed to be to set one of the partitions in the
> label to point to the MS-DOS partition. Unfortunately, I can't do
> that, since all my partitions (a-h) are in use. (a is root, b is swap,
> c and d I can't touch, e is an extra large /tmp, f is /var, g is /usr,
> and h is /u).
Umm, you can't then :)
Perhaps you should have made /tmp and /usr the same partition
<shrugs>. Tho with all the talk maybe someone will fix it soon ;)
I have found that when I mount my 1G MSDOS/Win95 partition, I can look
in the root directory, but nothing else, otherwise I get a kernel
panic 'allocbuf. buffer larger than MAXBSIZE requested', which is
kinda annoying. I think the ATAPI interface code may be doing this,
but I'll have to test it. Mounting DOS partitions works OK for the
400meg partition on my 515meg drive tho :-/

Seeya
Darius
~~~~~~