Subject: Re: AMD 586 dx4 133 support
To: None <ray@tezcat.com>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@saul3.u.washington.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/1996 12:41:49
Rahim Sez:
>This chip actually can do 160mhz if it says ADZ on it. You need to set the
>jumpers for 40MHZ then the chip will do 160mhz. I have one of these it does
>160mhz.

Actually, I've been running my AMD 586-133 ADW at 160mhz (40mhz bus
speed) for several months now with NetBSD 1.1 and a decent heatsink +
heatsink compound.  Haven't experienced a single problem, and have
compiled several kernels.  The ADZ chips might be made to greater heat
tolerances, but my ADW hasn't been complaining.

Then again, I'm not too concerned about burning out a $39 cpu.

-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu