Subject: Re: AMD 586 dx4 133 support
To: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/1996 01:01:18

spberry writes:

>This is a difficult call.  I picked up the CPU and MB, with a 16M stick for
>less than $350 (don't remember exactly), which I considered a deal at the
>time.

	This was a while ago, no?  I'm getting the same combination (chip,
board, ram) for $180 or so.  THE most important key word here in my case
is 'cheap.'

	And considering that up until this time I have considered my
486slc2/66 with 16M (the chip, board, and 8M cost me $300, and remember,
the "SLC" is basically a 32-bit chip the size of a dime and with a 16 bit
external address bus [a la the 386 "SX" series {ICK!}]) "mostly sufficient"
for the last 1.5 (2?) years, this is definitely an upgrade. :)

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Database Programmer, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)