Subject: Re: 32 bit SCSI adapters.
To: Nick Loman <nick@csosl.co.uk>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- MindBender.serv.net <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/1996 08:25:55
>Not strictly NetBSD-related but are there any companies that do
>decent 32-bit SCSI adapters at a price less than an AHA-2940, which
>will work with NetBSD? I'm loath to pay 200 UKP on a 32-bit
>adapter when 16-bit ones cost so much less!

In general, you get what you pay for.

However, you can get an NCR 53c8xx-based (53c810 is the most common --
narrow fast SCSI-2) adapter for quite a bit less.  These are very good
cards for workstation use.  And, they cost quite a bit less than an
Adaptec or BusLogic adapter.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net