Subject: Re: kmem_malloc: %s too small
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- MindBender.serv.net <michaelv@mindbender.serv.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/02/1996 14:44:21
On Mon, 02 Sep 1996 14:38:26 -0700
 "Michael L. VanLoon -- MindBender.serv.net" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net> wrote:

 > When was this "fixed"?  I tried running a kernel on a 64MB machine a
 > couple weeks ago, built from sources supped on 7/11.  It paniced not
 > long after booting (or was it while booting -- don't remember).
 > Increasing the kmem_map define to a larger value "fixed" it.

Only the mb_map case was fixed ... by reclaiming map space (by draining
out the mbuf using protocols..)

The kmem_map case it a little harder ... a couple of things probably
should happen:

	- reclaim kmem_map map space

	- allow kmem_map to grow

...neither of which are all that easy with the current code structure,
apparently.

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --