Subject: Re: Help! -current pas probe (?) dies with "double fault trap"
To: None <robert@CS.Stanford.EDU>
From: Mike Long <>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/23/1996 16:48:51
>Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 08:42:50 -0700
>From: Robert Kennedy <>
>Using -current sources from two nights ago, I built a kernel and tried
>to boot it. It gets to the point where my 1.1 kernel probes and
>recognizes my ProAudio Spectrum sound card, and dies with a message
>something like
>kernel: double fault trap
>Stop at
>It hangs before printing whatever (address?) it's trying to give me in
>the "Stop at" message.

>What am I doing wrong? Is this a known bug?

First of all, can you boot a kernel without the PAS driver configured?

How do you know that the kernel has recognized your PAS?  If it's
because it died after printing something like:

pas0 at isa0 port 0x220 irq 7 drq 1: ...

then the problem probably lies with whatever device is probed after
the PAS.  We'd have to see ioconf.c to find out which driver is
Mike Long <>     <URL:>
VLSI Design Engineer         finger for PGP public key