Subject: Re: -current (1.2A-960626) snapshot available
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/12/1996 14:59:29
On Jul 12, 12:05pm, Michael Graff wrote:
} The main reason your 284x card doesn't ``just work'' in the 1.2 release is
} because there really is no driver for it, I believe.
} The 284x lives in EISA space, but really is a VLB card.  IMHO, it should
} be hard coded in the config file, or at least have a list of addresses to
} probe at and do so manually.
} I dunno.  I just hate hacking the EISA code just for one (imho) broken
} VLB card.

I had gotten patches from "explorer" to run my 2842, but haven't been
able to apply them for various reasons.  If the card is broken,  then why
does it work fine with FreeBSD (please no flames, I'm forced to use
FreeBSD because of this and I'm trying to get away from it)?
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"