Subject: Re: Serial brokeness.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/18/1996 01:11:16
On Mon, 17 Jun 1996, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

// Are you sure whatever you have on the other end of the port is properly
// asserting the modem control lines?  Have you tried adding the "local"
// flag to that line in /etc/ttys?

	Tried local and softcar, still don't get a login prompt.  That's
the thing I don't get.  Kermit will talk to the terminal or the HP200LX
just fine at 9600, but no getty.  That's where I get the idea that I don't
know what the things looking for.  AFAICT, I'd set it up exactly how the
terminal is, but I've obviously missed something...

// My serial ports have been working just great.  But I have my modem on a
// Hayes ESP, and the other serial port is just connected to my mouse.

	Modem works fine, kermit works fine, getty is the only thing I
can't make work on it.  Anyone out there with a terminal hooked up who
made it work?

	I even had a login prompt slip through when I was using kermit
once (forgot to disable the getty).  It's obviously a flow control problem
of some sort, and I'm just overlooking something really simple and stupid.

--
IPA.net Sysadmin         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>