Subject: Re: Parallel port woes --- still not solved
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jan Morales <morales@cs.UMD.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/1996 10:42:40
> (can't help you on the messages you get from the polling driver, however,
> but I suspect your hardware is slightly out-of-spec.  You could always
> comment those messages out in the driver source).

This is exactly what I did.  My parallel printer worked perfectly
except for those messages.  Now it just works perfectly... :-)

In 1.1, it's in /usr/src/sys/dev/isa/lpt.c in the function
not_ready().  I commented out only the printing of the "offline"
message.

Jan
--
Jan Morales                             Department of Computer Science
E-mail: morales@cs.umd.edu                      University of Maryland