Subject: Hard drive boot problems (1.1)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <NICK.HUDSON@sc.rafsca.hpdesk.hpdeskgw.hpdeskgw.mailnet.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/14/1996 13:09:32
   I'm having trouble getting 1.1 to boot off either hd of the following
hardware

   HP VL4 5/90
   BIOS GT.07.15
   850Md IDE drive 1654c 16h 63s
   Adaptec 2940/2940W SCSI card
   2Gb SCSI disc (3703c 9h 125s)

   Everything seems to install correctly, but I just cannot boot from
either hd. The error message is "Read Error".

   I've read the FAQ (I didn't understand all of it :-( ) and it looks
like the something is misreading the partition information. I've got
"Standard" translation set in the BIOS, but this doesn't help.

   Is there anything else I can do?

   TIA,

   Nick
--
Analyst/Programmer  | #include <std/disclaimer.h>
RAFLATAC Ltd        | I wouldn't believe a word I say if I was you.