Subject: MSDOS partitions
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@cable029028.cable.man.ptd.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/1996 20:06:05
This is something that is really bugging me.  I have a 50meg SCSI disk o=
/dev/sd1 that I wish to format as MSDOS and mount under NetBSD for use w=
ith
Wine.  Now, I have tried WITH and WITHOUT a disklabel on sd1 and yet eve=
rytime
I attempt to mount I get "msdos: mount: Operation not supported by devic=
e".  I
haven't the slightest clue what that means.  disklabel shows two partiti=
ons, d
and e.  d being unused (whole drive of course) and e with an offset of 3=
2 and
goes to the end cylinder and is fstype MSDOS.  Now, why, if everything t=
hat I
can find points to the fact that there is an MSDOS partition on sd1, can=
't I
mount the drive?

I am using the commands: mount=5Fmsdos /dev/sd1e /usr/local/wine/c and m=
ount -t
msdos /dev/sd1e /usr/local/wine/c.  I have also tried to mount them to /=
mnt.=20
I have worked on this for hours and come up with absolutely nothing.

-- Mister Gandalf.

--
              Straight from the FOREVER crashing computer!

                              Mentasm FTP
                           HTTP coming soon!
              A3000, 68040/40mhz,=2054megs, 3.1gig, Ethernet

                  CLCHAT SERVER!  us4.clchat.vapor.com

                         Mac, Unix, PC, Amiga