Subject: Re: Printing problems, revisited
To: None <grefen@convex.com>
From: Peter Simons <simons@petium.rhein.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/30/1996 14:10:03
Stefan Grefen wrote:

 > Looks like my BIOS. I can't turn ECP or EPP on (it offers those choices
 > but doesn't change the chip setting :-((

I have checked the BIOS again and it is set to SPP. The documentation
doen't even mention this setting. The "standard" setting they have
doesn't appear in the BIOS, so I assume it's the same ("standard
parallel port").

I couldn't find any jumpers for changing the behaviour, so it may well
be that the BIOS doesn't work correctly in that respect. I'll give the
guys from GigaByte a call now. Maybe they can help me.

	-peter