Subject: Re: ep0
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/1996 00:44:05
Matthias Scheler wrote:

>         Hi,
>
> today I tried to use Twisted Pair with a 3com 3c5x9 Ethernet board. I didn't
> work until I booted DOS and configured the card to use the UTP port. Is
> there really no way to avoid this? My ReadyLink/PCI (DEC 21040) can be
> configured to used any port with "ifconfig" while running NetBSD.

I have 'ported' Donald Becker's (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov) 3c5x9setup
program from Linux to NetBSD current. I have used it a number of times to
change Interface, Port and IRQ on various cards. The only drawback I have
found so far is that some cards appear to need a hard rest before they use
the new settings. You can get the program from
ftp://ftp.planix.com/pub/NetBSD/3c5x9setup.tar.gz.

--
Andreas Wrede                  Planix, Inc.
andreas@planix.com             Networking, System Administration, Consulting