Subject: Re: pppd says line is loopbacked
To: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/1996 02:18:46
>I'm using pppd in client-mode to talk to a Linux box.  Apparently all
>the LCPs sometimes get echoed back with the same magic number.
>This happens semi-randomly.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
>Using "tip" to connect and log in normally works just fine, so I don't
>have local echo on or anything goofy like that.

I would suspect Linux, then.

My box works perfectly connected to a PortMaster.  I even had the
debug options all turned on for awhile, and I can verify that the echo
sequences never got messed up.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.