Subject: Re: com driver troubles on NetBSD/i386
To: Onno van der Linden <onno@simplex.nl>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/23/1996 23:27:34
> For those of you who are having com driver troubles on NetBSD/i386,
> try ftp://ftp.fwi.uva.nl/pub/comp/NetBSD/fvdl/com.tar.gz.
>
> Thanks to Frank for putting it up for ftp.
>
> I've appended the README
>
> Onno
> This is the faster serial driver as constructed by Onno van der Linden
> (onno@simplex.nl). To use it, you need to:

Has anyone had trouble with this driver?  My serial ports are recognized
correctly, but they aren't working.  I have  tty00/01 configured with
getty, and they are both 28.8 internal modems.  Connecting to them
results in:
CONNECT 28800

[NOTHING]

Hitting return/space/etc/etc (repeatedly) has no effect.
Doing "stty < /dev/tty00" or "stty < /dev/tty01" during this _seems_
to unwedge the port, and I get a login: prompt.
Rebooting off of my original 1.1B kernel resolves the problem.

So.. I would like to lose the annoying silo overflows, but this driver
doesn't work at all for me..

-Andrew