Subject: Re: major lossage with ahc driver (pci)
To: Rob Windsor <windsor@hedgehog.com>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/21/1996 13:12:52
>Verily did "Justin T. Gibbs" write:
>
>>>Yes, I have another machine that uses the ahc driver, this one being the
>>>2940UW card.
>
>> What kind of device is target 4?
>
>Conner CFP2107S disk.
>
>I labelled, installed, and built several revs of the -current source tree
>on that drive using the older drivers.
>
>-- Rob

My guess is that Ultra mode was enabled in SCSI-Select and that you were
hitting a sync rate setting that doesn't work in Ultra mode.  I received a
few other reports similar to yours, and the patch I committed to FreeBSD
this morning seems to solve the problem.  Both Noriyuki Soda and Charles
Hannum have received this patch for review and inclusion in NetBSD-current.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations