Subject: Multiple monitors and At/lantic ethernet card
To: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/17/1996 23:05:39
You wrote (in your message from Fri 17)
 >  Does NetBSD support running with multiple video cards/monitors and can I
 > generally even have multiple video cards in one pc ?

In text mode, I don't really seee what it would mean...

Under X, it's another story:

* You need hardware that supports it. Standard VGA cards all use the
  same I/O addresses, that's the main problem.
* XFree86 Mono and VGA16  servers support dual headed systems with one
  VGA board and one other monochrome board (Hercules, appolo, sigma,
  hyundai) See http://www.xfree86.org/
  There may perhaps be support for more multi-head in futures
  versions of XFree86, but nothing is planned.
* X-inside has a commercial server that support multiple VGA boards if
  they can be configured to not conflict. See http://www.xinside.com/
  Other commercial X server may support this too but I don't have infos.

					Matthieu