Subject: Re: monitorless/keyboardless netbsd config?
To: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/1996 23:03:22
>Is it possible to configure a netbsd/i386 kernel so that it requires
>neither a monitor nor a keyboard?  I'd like to set up a box to hang
>off the net for compute service, but don't want any console stuff (at
>least once I verify it is working the way it should).

Well, yeah...  Just pull off the monitor and keyboard and turn it on.
;-) Of course, your BIOS might complain, but that's not under NetBSD's
control.

You can also make it so it uses a serial port console.  Look at the
sample config files for examples of how to configure a serial-console
kernel.

   Roll your own Internet access -- Seattle People's Internet cooperative.
                  If you're in the Seattle area, ask me how.