Subject: Adaptec 1540-CP ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aron Roberts <aroberts@wolfenet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/12/1996 21:05:46
As per the message I am curious to know if the Adaptec 1540-CP scsi
adapter is supported.

Upon reading the docs i can see that there is no explicit mention given to
support for the 1540-CP.

I gave a shot to installing NetBSD1.1 anyway and after inserting the
filesystem floppy recieved the following message:

aha0 at isa0 port 0x330 - 0x333 irq 11 drq5aha0: aha_cmd, cmd/data port
full

scsibus at aha0
probe(aha0:0:0): timedoutaha0: not taking commands!
panic: should call debugger here (aha1542.c)

Hardware:

386/33
10MB RAM
Adaptec 1540-CP
2 Connor 1.06GB SCSI-2 drives
Plextor 4x SCSI-2 CD-ROM
SIIG multipurpose I/O card (IDE disabled)

This machine runs fine using the generic WinNT 3.51 adaptec 154x driver.

I am sure you all understand why running WinNT is not satisfactory :)

thanks for your time and patience.

aron
aroberts@wolfenet.com