Subject: Q about "ahc" and "ahe" (was Re: README: changes to ep driver)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/1996 04:07:00
> extensive ... really, all I did was break up the driver into isa, eisa,
> and pci font-ends, coupled to a core bus-independent back-end.

New "ep" driver has separated probe/attach routine for ISA/EISA/PCI
devices, but they share same device name "ep".
Also, alpha's le_ioasic and le_tc share same device name "le".

Then,
Should we integrate "ahc" and "ahe" driver names to one shared name "ahc" ?
("ahc" and "ahe" is font-end of aic7xxx.c)
Or,
Should we leave "ahc" and "ahe" as they are ?

The reason why I want to see this is that I (and Pete Bentley)
maintain new aic7xxx driver ported from FreeBSD, and have a plan to
SEND-PR the driver.
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group