Subject: linux jdk
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathaniel D. Daw <ndd2@columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/1996 17:07:25
I have managed to get the Linux JDK appletviewer to load applets off the
net by patching linux_connect to silently ignore EISCONN. This is evil
hackery, but as far as I can tell from ktrace outputs (don't have source)
the method this program uses for connecting on a nonblocking socket is to
call connect on the socket, get EINPROGRESS, select on the socket, then
call connect AGAIN when it returns. So it fails if EISCONN is returned on
the second connect. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed expected Linux
behavior (the linux man page just refers you to the kernel sources), and
can anyone think of a way of emulating this behavior that wouldn't resort
to blanket suppression of the error in all its instances?

I still haven't been able to fix the sound bugs; anyone know what's up
with these?

--
...nathaniel daw......................................ndd2@columbia.edu...
 ..ok soda may be the preferred drink of other people, such as yourself..