Subject: Re: Intel EtherExpress 16bit ethernet card
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: David Hopper <bard@tiamat.chaldea.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/24/1996 22:17:52
> [...]
> As for the [Intel Etherexpress 16], I'm not certain if that one is
> supported either.  Check the install docs or the www pages?

Well, it's supposed to be "supported", but the install kernel has its IRQ
set to a value that is not an option for the card.  (IOW: it won't work)

My solution was to use the EE16 as a potscrubber.  My new Boca NE2000
clone was a mere $40.

> Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!

> Cthulhu for president:  Tired of voting for the *LESSER* of two evils?

ooo I like this.  Here he comes now, Mr. President and his lovely First
Lady, the Black Goat with a Thousand Young.

David Hopper (bard@tiamat.chaldea.com) : http://tiamat.chaldea.com
Anthropology Department, Stanford University
NetBSD 1.1 Amiga (tiamat.chaldea.com) : NetBSD 1.1 i386 (marduk.chaldea.com)
"Two pale drops of fire guttering in the vast consuming darkness"  -V. Price