Subject: Re: scsi card
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/20/1996 15:33:07
>>Once again, BusLogic is the best alternative to Adaptec.  Both
>>BusLogic and Adaptec make PCI, EISA, and VLB SCSI controllers.
>>Anything that is compatible with these two would be OK, too, as long
>>as it supports the 32-bit busses, but you should be very careful.

>And once again, Michael VanLoon forgets to state ``in my opinion''
>before making the statement that buslogic is ``better''

I said BusLogic is the best *alternative* *to* Adaptec.  I didn't say
it was the *best* *choice* of all controllers.  "Alternative to" means
that if you want something *other* *than* Adaptec, BusLogic is your
best choice.  I specifically included all the options, and didn't give
preference to any (i. e. I prefer BusLogic, many others prefer
Adaptec).  Get those reflexes checked -- those knee-jerks might damage
something.

               Sun4/4c/4m, DEC MIPS, DEC Alpha, PC532, VAX...